Our Commitment to Safety
We at Harmony Dental would like to address some concerns regarding the current public health crisis.
We have instituted the following guidelines to protect our patients and staff:
- Any patient with a cough, fever, shortness of breath, or any other signs of illness is requested to reschedule their appointment for at least 2 weeks after those symptoms resolve.
- Any patient who has been around a family member or other close contact who has been ill is requested to reschedule for at least 2 weeks out.
- Any patient who has been around someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 is requested to reschedule for at least 2 weeks out.
Please also note the following important changes to appointments:
- Patients MUST wear a mask when coming to the office. This includes children over the age of 2 years old.
- We ask that you come in ONLY at the time of your appointment. We would like to limit the number of people present in the reception area to follow CDC guidelines on social distancing.
No individuals (including children) without an appointment should come into the office. The only exception is a single caregiver who is needed to assist a young patient or an adult patient with disabilities or impairments.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments following guidelines from the government and local health department.
The Health and safety of our staff and patients is very important to us.
With this in mind, we are happy to share the additional steps we are taking in our dental office to make every visit to our dental office as safe as possible. These actions are incremental to our normal standards of care that meet or exceed all CDC, OSHA and ADA guidelines for dental practices.
Of course, this is part of an on-going commitment that will evolve with the times.
As always, we welcome the opportunity to answer any of your questions and to address all concerns.